ADULT EDUCATION SITE COORDINATOR/INSTRUCTOR
Central Louisiana Technical Community College (CLTCC) invites applications for the full-time, 12-month position of Adult Education Site Coordinator/Instructor located at the Natchitoches Campus in Natchitoches, Louisiana. CLTCC provides adult basic education instruction in nine different parishes (Allen, Catahoula, Concordia, Grant, LaSalle, Natchitoches, Rapides, Sabine, & Vernon) and also participates in Adult Basic Education services at seven correctional facilities.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Adult Education, the Adult Education Site Coordinator/Instructor at the Natchitoches Campus provides leadership, strategic direction and management for the effective administration of the local adult basic education program. This position is responsible for providing instructional services to adults and youths who are out of school in basic skills, such as reading, writing, and mathematics. This position will serve as Site Coordinator/Instructor and will be responsible for all aspects of the local (Natchitoches Parish) adult education program which includes instructing, orientating, and testing all students within the Natchitoches Parish program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates all aspects of the site’s WorkReady U activities.
- Provides instruction to adult education students enrolled in the site’s Adult Education program, including instruction for correctional education students.
- Plans and teaches lessons to help students gain the knowledge and skills they need to meet their goals, such as getting their high school equivalency diploma (HiSET).
- Manages day-to-day office operations at the assigned Adult Education (AE) Site.
- Conducts registration, enrollment, and orientation activities for the site, which includes testing students with a variety of assessments such as TABE, GAIN, and CareerScope.
- Coordinates outreach and recruitment efforts targeting both ABE/ASE and Adult Education Career Pathways (Five for Six and Integrated Education & Training) students.
- Assists with day to day operation of Adult Education Career Pathways Program on campus (Five for Six and Integrated Education & Training).
- Collaborates with the community and support staff in the recruitment, retention, and transition to jobs and postsecondary education of AE students.
- Develops and implements measures and methodology for determining the effectiveness and efficiency at the designated AE site.
- Helps students develop study skills, monitors progress toward their goals, and challenges students to overcome his/her weaknesses.
- Connects students to other resources in their community, such as mental health services or job placement services.
- Serves as site lead for Natchitoches Parish (for any staff working in the parish).
- Communicates with students and community about program services as part of outreach and enrollment growth effort.
- Enrolls and registers students into the Adult Education Program.
- Assists AE Paraprofessionals in assessing incoming students’ educational level and skills before entering the high school equivalency program.
- Performs periodic benchmark evaluations on students to determine their progress and potential to go on to the next level or take the HiSET test.
- Ability to navigate the WRU Data Management System used to maintain adult education records.
- Ensures appropriate departmental records are maintained; prepares various reports as needed.
- Monitors AE student assessment, testing, placement, and registration.
- Ensures compliance with Louisiana Community & Technical College System assessment requirements and standards.
- Consults with AE Assistant Director and AE Program Manager to ensure that appropriate instructional materials are used.
- Ensures that local, federal, and state policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Occasional evening and weekend work and overnight travel may be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director or Assistant Director of Adult Education.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures related to Adult Basic Education.
- WorkReadyU Adult Education Data Management System.
- Teaching and learning strategies.
- Principles and practices of administration, supervision, and training.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
Demonstrated Ability to:
- Plan and implement new programs.
- Effectively supervise personnel.
- Manage day to day operations.
- Keep current with, interpret and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to Adult Basic Education.
- Effectively use technology and computer software programs, including MS Office.
- Organize and manage individual and team projects.
- Promote collegiality, staff cohesiveness and the core values of the institution.
- Analyze, problem-solve, negotiate and make decisions.
- Work with a diverse population.
- Excellent written, oral presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Management, organizational, and supervisory skills.
- Superior team-building skills to build trust with others in a rapidly changing environment.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university;
- Experience and/or expertise in instructional/classroom technology;
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning;
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written English;
- Basic Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint;
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Education, Business Administration, Counseling, Management, or closely related field;
- Supervision/Management experience preferred;
- Elementary, middle school, or high school state or national teacher certification preferred but not required;
- Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds;
- Working experience of a major student information system;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access;
- Project management experience;
$36,000 – $46,000
- A cover letter of no more than two pages indicating how the qualifications and employment standards listed in this position announcement are met.
- A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
- Candidates selected for an interview must provide:
- College and university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree to meet required educational qualifications. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application.
- Three letters of recommendation are required. To honor applicant confidentiality, a letter of recommendation from your current immediate supervisor is not required.
- The names, home and cell telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references. Applicants will be notified before references are contacted.
- The selected candidate will be required to undergo a background check.
Open Until Filled
Central Louisiana Technical Community College is an EEOC/AA/ADA employer.