Today, the Pineville/Alexandria P&G plant has 600 employees and provides jobs for nearly 350 contract employees. During four decades of operation, the Alexandria plant has grown to become one of Procter & Gamble’s largest detergent operations globally. Production volume has increased steadily over the years, reflecting the sustained growth in Procter & Gamble’s detergent business, which now represents approximately forty percent of the total North American detergent market.
Three billion times a day, P&G brands touch the lives of people around the world. The company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Pampers(R), Tide(R), Ariel(R), Always(R), Whisper(R), Pantene(R), Mach3(R), Bounty(R), Dawn(R), Gain(R), Pringles(R), Charmin(R), Downy(R), Lenor(R), Iams(R), Crest(R), Oral-B(R), Actonel(R), Duracell(R), Olay(R), Head & Shoulders(R), Wella(R), Gillette(R), Braun(R) and Fusion(R). Our corporate structure offers the global benefits of an international company and the integrity and relevancy to consumers in more than 180 countries where our products are sold. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and its brands.
P&G Manufacturing | Plant Technician Co-op
The successful candidate will be based at the P&G Manufacturing plant in Alexandria.
Candidates will be required to work on a part time basis where they will be given all necessary tools to build their capability. The key focus will be to develop the candidate towards qualifying as Production Technicians at a world-class facility. Successful completion of the internship program will offer the candidate a stronger chance of full time employment. The successful candidate will be based at the P&G Manufacturing plant in Alexandria.
- Operate machine, load raw materials and monitor the process
- Daily machine and area maintenance
- Recording and communicating of machine/area breakdowns
- Ensure quality output of production
- Maintenance workplace Health & Safety
- Meet daily production targets
- Good communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team
- Demonstration of problem solving abilities
What does P&G Offer?
- Investment in your continuous learning
- A flexible & challenging career for you
- Creating a Personal Development Plan together
- Business responsibility from day one
- International exposure in a global, leading company
- Interesting and diverse assignments
- Competitive pay & benefits
- A great manager determined to invest in your growth and career
- A high-performing and stimulating environment
- Embracing diversity
- Fun work place and colleagues